If the dreaded separation is looming and you have had it forced upon you by your unhappy partner it is important that you fill your time as much as possible. Staying home alone to reflect on your loss will make you feel worse.
Go out with your friends, if you have lost touch – contact them, if you haven’t got any – make some.
- Work colleagues – arrange a drink after work.
- Take up a hobby – salsa, football, adult education.
- Get to know your neighbours.
- Get involved with the parents at your children’s school.
- Give something back to your community – join a protest group against some development project, local theatre group, local library.
- Visit the next county.
- Start running in the morning.
- Buy a pet – it’s amazing who you meet at the vets!
- Join Friends Reunited.
- Contact lost relatives.
- Go to a different supermarket – speak to one new person every day.
- Be friendly – smile – listen to other people’s concerns.
- Go to the cinema, theatre, pantomime.
Liz Taylor invited 1000 of her closest friends to her 70th Birthday party. That is a completely over the top PR exercise but you can have as many friends as you want!
No friends – your choice!