An increasing number of women are reporting an incidence of men deceiving them with the double lives syndrome. No longer content with simply having an affair a greater buzz is to be acquired by pretending each girl is the only one.
- Over the top flowery text messages.
- His phone goes off radar after 7pm or he always calls on his way home.
- You don’t know his home address or home phone number.
- He manipulates arguments late at night and storms out.
- He has a hobby which takes him away from home.
- You haven’t met any of his family or he claims they are all dead.
- Something doesn’t add up – he is still in business with his ex-partner or he has left his bike/dog at her house.
- When on the phone to you he suddenly hangs up and claims there is a problem with his phone/battery.
- He suggests impossible dates – he invites you over when you have your best friend from South Africa staying, he asks you to go to Paris with him for the weekend when he knows you are working.
- Eventually you are invited to visit his flat which he shares with his mate and there are none of his personal possessions on display. Most men are untidy, so a pristine room suggests he doesn’t actually live there.
Next time your intuition warns you that something does not add up – believe it, and next time a man asks you for your phone number exchange home numbers!