Often people who want to separate are paralysed by anxiety. They become overwhelmed by the magnitude of what they want to do. Controlling what you think about and organising your thoughts into a practical sequence can be a huge help.
So what do you need to think about?
1. Your children
- How will it impact on them?
- How will you tell them?
- How will you support them?
- Where will they live?
- How often will they see the other parent?
- What reassurance can you give them that their life is not ruined?
- Will they stay at the same school?
- Still see their friends?
- Can you afford to separate?
- Who will move out?
- Will the house be sold?
- How will you divide the assets?
- Who will pay any debts?
- Will one of you support the other financially?
So that is what you need to think about.
How you separate and what you need to do is the subject of another post.
For more help contact me at Bastows Divorce Solicitors.